Road to Mammoth Qualifiers
Each racer will only have to qualify once per class. You may attend as many qualifiers as you wish, but you are only required to qualify once. You must race 2nd moto to qualify. All previously qualified riders are removed from that rounds’ results and the next rider(s) are moved up.
Each class has been given a certain percentage of riders that qualify directly into the 2023 Mammoth Motocross Championship. The closing date of qualified entries is June 19th; if you do not sign up by this deadline you forfeit your qualified entry. There will be a small percentage of open entries available at MammothMotocross.com on June 26th for those that did not qualify or sign up by the deadline. You must register in the class you qualified in at the qualifier; no transfers. Mammoth Motocross entries are non-transferrable and non-refundable. You MUST purchase practice.
Once a racer has qualified, they will be posted on the “I qualified” tab on 2xpromotions.com. Under “I Qualified”, select your class, and your name. The link will direct you to Regio to register for Mammoth Motocross.
2024 Event Schedule
Vet Weekend June 21- 23
Practice – Friday June 21st
Vet Racing – Sat June 22nd – Sun June 23rd*
**Junior 25+ & All Women race Big Bike Weekend, not Vet Weekend*
Mini Days – June 24 – 26
Practice – Monday June 24th
Racing – Tues June 25th – Wed June 26th
Big Bike Weekend – June 27 – 30
Practice – Thurs June 27th
Racing – Friday June 28th: Open Pro, B, and C; Junior 25+ A/B/C; Schoolboy 1 & 2; and 125 C
Racing – Saturday June 29th:: 250 Pro, B, and C; FMF 2-stroke; Collegeboy; 125cc 12-17 B/C
Racing – Sunday June 30th: 450 Pro, B, and C; Women; 250 B/C Open; 250C Jr 12-17
*Class days are tentative until class capacity is determined*
Once you have arrived on Practice Day, you will need to Check-in and register/rent your transponder with 2X Promotions. Check-in will be open all day on Practice Day and each race morning. You DO NOT need to be checked in before practice starts; feel free to come see us any time during the day.
Please bring the following to registration:
- Current AMA card. If you need to renew or purchase; please see the AMA table out front BEFORE heading to a window.
- Transponder Envelope filled out (even if you own your own); and a Credit Card to hold, or $200 cash or check deposit. Transponder Rentals are $20 for the event.
Transponder brackets are available for purchase @ $10, and can be returned @ the end of racing for your $10 back.
- Minor Release signed by parent/guardian for riders under 18. Riders over the age of 18 will be required to come and sign waiver.
Check-in will be slightly different than years’ past; we will be verifying your information and checking you into the system at the window. Please be patient.
If you have a duplicate Bike# for your class, you will be REQUIRED to run X’s on ALL 3 Number Plates for the entirety of the event. If you are running the same bike in multiple classes, the X will apply in all classes.
Make sure you have the correct background color for your class.
If you do not, you will be given the correct color sticker for Practice Day. Practice sessions are structured per skill level/classes. You may NOT go out in any other practice than you’re assigned; or you will be subject to removal from Practice for the day.
Red Backgrounds for King of the West Class Winners Only
All C Classes – White Backgrounds/Black Numbers
65cc 7-9 – White Backgrounds/Black Numbers
85cc 9-12 – White Backgrounds/Black Numbers
All B Classes – Black Backgrounds/White Numbers
65cc 10-11- Black Backgrounds/White Numbers
All Pro/A Classes – Yellow Backgrounds/Black Numbers
All Others listed below are Your Choice:
Smoke and Fire Vintage, All +50, +60, All Minis, Schoolboy 1,2 , College Boy , All Women, Two Stroke Challenge , +25 A/B/C , 125cc , 250 C Jr , 250 B/C Open
We DON’T allow the following at the event:
Dogs, pit bikes, golf carts, drones, fires, camping at the track; or bike washing in the forest or at the track.
Still need lodging? Juniper is the place to stay for Motocross! Treat your bike right with a complimentary bike wash and underground parking. Treat your crew right with sun-filled decks, door-to-door shuttle service, and in-unit kitchens. To top it all off, our lodging package includes a spectator ticket for each person staying with us, along with a commemorative T-Shirt for each adult on the reservation. Book now at http://www.mammothmotocross.com/lodging/.
Trail Riding in the Mammoth Lakes Area
For those of you who have been coming up to Mammoth Lakes to recreate for years, you’ll know about all the amazing terrain there is to enjoy. With about 2,000,000 acres of forest the riding is endless.
We almost lost the Mammoth Motocross event because of those few people who didn’t follow the rules. Please make sure to following the rules listed below:
- STAY ON OHV ROUTES!
- Respect other trail users
- Ride at a safe speed
- Have your current registration and green sticker visible on your bike (race bikes are an exception to this while in the track)
- Obey all OHV laws
- Slow down near all campsites and public sites
- Be safe and have a great time!
- Get a map of approved riding before venturing out riding
- RIDE OFF THE OHV ROADS!
- Operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Ride recklessly
- Forget your helmet
- Ride on hiking, bicycle, or horse trails
- Rhino/Golf Cart near the Mammoth Motocross Area
- IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION FROM 2023 MOTOCROSS EVENT
- Potential discontinuation of future Mammoth Motocross events
- Fines as determined by U.S. Forest Service and Mammoth Lakes Police Department
- Condo and Hotel owners are required by local law to restrict bike washing at their facility.Washing of bikes in the forest is prohibited. There are facilities in the Town of Mammoth Lakes for washing
- Enforcement could occur
Absolutely NO bike washing at the track
VP Racing Fuels has what you need to be successful at Mammoth.
Order now and save! VP will be delivering to the track for your summer full of racing needs. Have it delivered instead of transporting it yourself.